Gig economy companies cut thousands of jobs cut once again in the past week, showing that the impact of Covid-19 lockdowns are far from abating, Forbes reported. Layoffs included 3,000 workers at Uber, 1,400 staff at Ola and 13% of the workforce at food delivery firm Zomato.
- California lawmaker brings own ballot measure to overturn AB 5 independent contractor law
- Employees more confident they will retain jobs, but productivity hasn’t recovered to pre-pandemic levels
- Covid-19 impact will be long lasting: Congressional Budget Office
- Back to work: Keeping staff and temporary workers reassured and safe (Staffing Industry Review)
- Freelancers say they are losing thousands due to scams (NBC)