New York City’s Taxi and Limousine Commission is looking to hire gig economy drivers having trouble making ends meet during the Covid-19 pandemic to make food deliveries to senior citizens, The Verge reported. Human cloud drivers’ earnings have plummeted amid stay-at-home orders. The agency is offering a wage of $15 per hour plus reimbursement for gas and tolls.
- US loses 27,000 jobs in March, but number doesn’t reflect full impact of Covid-19: ADP
- ISM’s Purchasing Managers Index for manufacturing enters contraction territory in March
- Attorneys general ask Department of Labor to hold off on joint-employer rule during Covid-19 crisis
- Workers, small business can’t afford Covid-19 quarantine: SHRM
- Will companies go ahead with H-1B petitions amid difficult economy? (Forbes)